Recently, I had a fun opportunity to review the SPLENDA ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener.
Since I have been making delicious recipes on "It's Snack Time" with Isabella on YouTube this year, I decided it would be a perfect time to use the sweetener in one of the recipes that she is able to make herself.
I was really excited about this opportunity, because I received the newly published Diabetic: 4 Cookbooks in 1 (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts) cookbook last month and couldn't wait to use it.
I am not a diabetic, but I have close family members who are and I've been wanting to try some recipes to serve at family gatherings for them. This turned out to be a perfect opportunity to use SPLENDA ESSENTIALS in my recipes and enjoy time in the kitchen with Bella.
Using the SPLENDA ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins, we made:
Cinnamon Tortillas with Cream Cheese & Strawberries
(on page 304 of my cookbook)
- 1 packet sugar substitute (SPLENDA ESSENTIALS)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat soft cream cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberry slices
- Combine sugar substitute and cinnamon in cup; mix well. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly spray one side of tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Place tortilla, cinnamon side down, in hot skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Spread uncooked side of tortilla with cream cheese; arrange strawberries down center of tortilla. Roll up tortilla, or fold, to serve.
The recipe turned out so well. The mixture of cinnamon and SPLENDA ESSENTIALS was so delicious. It added the perfect amount of sweetness to the tortillas.
Fast Facts about the Spenda Essentials you should know:
- SPLENDA ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins provides 20 percent of the Daily Value of vitamins B1, B5, and B6, per packet, to support healthy metabolism.
- SPLENDA ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener with Antioxidants has 20 percent of the Daily Value of antioxidant vitamins C and E, per packet, like those found in fruits and vegetables.
- SPLENDA ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber, contains 1 gram of healthy fiber per packet and tablespoon.
TIP: Healthier cooking is essential to a better quality of life. Substituting sugar with a product such as Splenda is great way to accomplish that goal in the kitchen.
What are some of the tips you are using that are essential to healthy living?
Enter my "SPLENDA ESSENTIALS" Giveaway
(ARV $75.00, pictured above)
Starts: September 30
Ends: October 7
One winner will receive the following:
- One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALSTM No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins
- One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALSTM No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber packets
- One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALSTM No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber granulated
- One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALSTM No Calorie Sweetener to-go mug
- One (1) Splenda-yellow blender
- Two (2) Splenda-yellow bowls
- One (1) Splenda-yellow fruit juicer
This post is sponsored by SPLENDA. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free, for the purpose of doing this review or giveaway. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.