A recent study by BabyCenter has revealed in their MOBILE MOM report, that "moms and smartphones are attached at the hip."
I can't deny this is true for me! I sleep with my phone every night. We hardly ever separate and if the battery dies, I pick up my daughter's or hubby's phone. (I store my stuff on their phones too so I am never without my business)
I am addicted to my iPhone! But I don't need no cure!
Did you hear me?
No rehab needed for this addiction. It's a good thing.
What about you? Are you a mom who loves her smartphone nearly as much as you do your hubby?
Are you having an affair too?
Don't be ashamed of it. In my opinion, it's the best affair you could ever have. My smartphone alerts me when it's time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I get calls to confirm all of our doctor's appointments. I synch hubby's calendar with my own and know when we can do activities together. I communicate on social networks for business and pleasure without sitting at a desktop all day. I do it all, and I manage my marriage even better, I think! (He does too!)
So, who doesn't want an affair like THAT?
Smartphones are the best thing that has happened to motherhood since the Boon Spoon, Baby Bumbo Seat, and the Boppy!
And it's obvious that other moms agree. Check out some facts from BabyCenter's website:
- 76% of moms sleep with their smartphone by the bed; nearly half have fallen asleep cradling it.
- Moms are 284% more likely to text their friends than to call them.
- 45% of moms say their smartphone decreases their stress levels; 27% feel a sense of calm after using it.
- A mom’s favorite place to use the phone? In line at the grocery store (81%).
- 43% of moms bring their phone into the bathroom with them -- the only place in the house where a mom can find privacy.
- 2 out of 3 moms say their smartphone never comes between them and their family.
- 75% of moms let their children play with their smartphone and nearly 25% of the apps they download are specifically for their kids.
- 36% of moms have sent racy photos or sexy texts to their partner.
- 62% of moms say they love their smartphone because it’s their lifeline to the world beyond their kids.
Be honest. How much do YOU rely on your smartphone? If it's not for EVERYTHING, honey you need some apps!
Check out BabyCenter, and get some of the best apps for moms. Also, read more about moms and smartphone use, as well as see what Celebrity moms like Tina Fey and Kelly Rutherford have to say.
Don't have a smartphone, but in the market for one. Read Gizmodo's Smartphone Buyers Guide: Best of the Best.