No matter how many times I tell myself I am going to be finished potty training this week, it never happens.
I can rattle off a million reasons why:
- I'm busy
- My kid just isn't ready
- It's not convenient right now
- We're going through a transition period
- I'm already trying to do some other training
- We had an earthquake, a hurricane, and a flood in one week...
Well, that last one isn't that good, but I can make it sound convincing.
But the truth is...there is no excuse.
I have no excuse other than than the fact that I just haven't been consistent all year.
I probably shouldn't admit it (but it was so much fun), I was one of the moms chosen this year to host a Huggies "Potty Dance" Party for my mommy friends. In March, we celebrated the start of potty training with our little ones.
We had a great time! As you can see.
I showed off products available for potty training and it was a success...(as far as parties are concerned)!
My girls were front and center, showing the other children how to do the "potty dance."
Well, that was six months ago, and here were are...still potty training. But let me tell you why and how we plan to finish potty training COMPLETELY, (if possible) within the next two weeks...
Here is a list of the potty training products that I purchased for $50 at Walmart to get started:
All of the products were purchased in the store, but are also available online at Walmart, and they qualify for the Walmart Baby Days promotion* below:
- Get FREE photo prints with purchase of any Baby Days products
- Get FREE shipping on certain Baby items during Baby Days
Click here to view the Walmart Baby Days Promotion online.
*this promo is online only from 9/3-9/16
Don't just buy, WIN!
Enter my "Walmart Baby Days" Giveaway
Starts: September 10
Ends: September 17
- $50 Grocery Walmart Gift Card
- Aveeno Gift Basket
- Johnson’s Baby Gift Basket
To enter: (You must be a follower on Google Friend Connect)
- Visit the Walmart Baby Days sale online and leave a comment about your favorite baby product.
- Leave a comment with potty training advice or suggest a helpful potty training resource. Or please leave a comment about an item you would like to receive or buy at Walmart.
The winner will be chosen by random.org
and will be notified by email
So, please include your email in your comment!
This post is sponsored by BabyCenter in conjunction with the BabyCenter Blog Network. All prizes and compensation are provided by BabyCenter, Walmart and Johnson and Johnson. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free, for the purpose of doing this review or giveaway. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 GuidesConcerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.